At The Farm BPI, our players have varying goals. Some are happy to train with our instructors to improve their game for their town ball season, while others have their sights set on long term development with big visibility.
We have the tools for both - and everything in between.
The path to college starts with determining the right fit. A player shouldn't just be asking, "Do they have a winning baseball or softball program?". A player should also be asking, "Can I see myself living here for 4 or 5 years?" "Can I handle lecture halls?" "Do I want to live in an actual city?" "Do I really like the snow?" "...or the desert??" "Are there 2 other interesting things I can study here if I change my major?"
Our athletes are encouraged to incorporate their diamond sport training experiences into their college admissions and athletic recruiting processes in order to find a realistic list of suitable options that satisfy their list of must-haves in a school. The athletes are entirely accountable for this, as College Admissions Officers and Athletic Directors are very strict about corresponding only with the students.
We offer these resources:
- College Coach: College admissions consulting, as well as college finance guidance; ask about The Farm's exclusive discount code
- SportsRecruits: robust and interactive communication platform to create an athletic profile for Athletic Directors and College Coaches; accounts are typically created during the player's freshman year
Athletic Recruiters will want to see metrics, statistics, numbers, diagrams - a visual representation of athletic performance without being on the field. We incorporate some of the latest innovations in tech to capture these metrics and review the data with the players using the following tools and platforms:
- Rapsodo: capture and compare a range of hitting and pitching data
- Blast Motion: obtain swing analysis data from a sensor placed on the knob of the bat
- WIN Reality: train using this innovative and realistic VR system customized specifically for diamond sports
- OnForm: can't get to a practice or private lesson? No problem! Virtual coaching and instruction is available with this leading platform in baseball/softball video analysis
As the players build relationships with College Athletic Directors and Recruiters through the SportsRecruits platform, they begin to notify them of upcoming opportunities to be seen. Recruiters often watch players at:
- Showcase tournaments
- Individual showcases
For those interested, The Farm will coordinate a videographer to professionally compile a highlight reel as a component of the players' college athletic recruiting process.